Transfer Ownership of Contract
Learn how you can transfer ownership of your contract.
Transfer of smart contract ownership helps users to transfer their projects to new owners. This can be allowed to occur due to change of leadership, shifting roles/responsibilities within the project or even extreme cases such as a project being hacked.
Follow the steps below to transfer NFT project ownership to new owners.
- Head to your etherscan/polygon scan link. There are three ways to do this
- Click the link from your Niftykit drop page
- Click it on OpenSea
- search your contract address directly on etherscan/polygonscan
On your drop page click the etherscan/polygon scan button at the top right corner
Etherscan link on your Drop Page
Make sure you are on the contract level. Click your contract address on the profile summary.
Contract Address Etherscan link
The link should be https://etherscan.io/address/[Your contract address]
- Once you are on the contract level of your etherscan/polygonscan. Go to the Contract tab then click on write contract. Connect to Web3 with the original wallet (ownership wallet).
Write Contract on your Etherscan or Polygonscan of your Smart Contract
- Under section [17. transferOwnership] paste the new wallet address and select "Write". The ownership of the smart contract will now be transferred to the new wallet address.
- Please note that completion of this step will incur gas fees.