Saving Metadata: NiftyKit API vs IPFS
Learn when to store your metadata in Niftykit API or IPFS
- Edit Metadata:
- Works best if you want to edit metadata pre-mint or post-mint. Always edit metadata for 0 gas fees. On NiftyKit API, you can both edit the placeholder images and the actual NFT itself. Minted or unminted.
- Data Protection:
- Hide the traits/metadata of unminted NFTs when you choose to reveal-as-you-mint
IPFS is one of the most common decentralized file storage platforms on web3.
- Stored per web3/decentralized standards
- Gives validation to your current and future collectors that your assets are stored per web3/decentralized standards.
- Freeze Revealed Metadata
- Best only if you are sure of a sold-out collection because you assure your collectors that you will not and can not make changes or modify the metadata at any time in the future.
- Exposed IPFS link
- Exposed IPFS link on your blockchain explorer (etherscan, polygonscan, optimistic). People can view all of your assets and scope out the best ones.